Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

EGGS !!!

   We finally got eggs from the chickens. We found the first eggs on Saturday. My dad was with the cows. We let them out every morning to another fenced area beside the house. Well, my dad was there and a hen came all the way to were he was, squaking his head off. My dad grabbed the chicken and walked back with the rest of the chickens. Then he saw the eggs. One was on the ground, and the other was in the nests my dad built for them. Both eggs were small. That same day, we found two more in the nest. One was small like all of them so far, but the other was bigger. 
The white ball is a bit smaller than a baseball. 

   On Sunday we found two on the nests. When we went to see the chickens that day, mostly all the chickens were outside of their area, so we grabbed them and put them in, but they kept flying out. When we couldn't keep them in after a long time, we gave up. Later, when it was dark, we went to try again. This time they were already inside. My dad wanted to look for eggs where the chickens had been, but it was dark and we couldn't see a thing, and when I just when to check some minutes ago because another chicken came squaking, there wasn't any.
   Anyway, back to the topic of eggs, even though we've had 6 eggs so far the eggs are eaten immediately for some reason. We even prepared them in a shake raw! I don't like eggs so I havn't tasted them yet. Six eggs in two days isn't bad, but they say my great-great grandfather had so many eggs he threw them in the river! Of course he had like 200 hens, and he couldn't sell many, since everyone had their own farm back then. 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment